Sunday, June 19, 2016

HAPPY FATHER' S DAY

Its Father’s day. Whao!  Happy Father’s day to all of us!

I’m excited to be a father and I believe you are too. I had a dad that was a great man! A caring, good looking, loving disciplinarian, workaholic and southpaw, who is very keen on work done.  He believes everyone has abilities. He was a terrible lover of intelligent young men. My dad was an incurable believer in the gifts of individual human potential and he will jump to help you explore  if he dare gets the chance, even at his own cost . That for me triggers in him an unquantifiable satisfaction. As he grew older, the compassionate spirit in him grew and his words carried heavier weight.  I remember and miss him today. I miss his depth, ruggedness, his enduring love and most potently his native intelligence.  I miss his native intelligence.

As I celebrate Father’s day today with my two boys jumping all over me at an outing after they have finished chasing me with so much laughter, I continue to modify what I want to see these boys become. I read out these things many times and keep adding to them. I concluded that my greatest desire is Legacy- mixed with Godly values.

John, the Baptist had a dad who God could look at and says “Man, I’m sending you a boy and this is what he must be”.  There is nothing like knowing the exact needs of a young person from the beginning. Right here in Nigeria, A man called Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, born in 1855 through serving God and civilization  identified his musical abilities as not just a talent but something that is in the blood and transferable to the children as a Legacy. Infact, according to Yale University professor of ethnomusicology, Michael Veal,  the Ransome Kuti’s Musical descent  remains not only one of the most important musicians in the world of black music but also one of the most important musicians of the post-world war two era.  Today, Between JJ Kuti and Made Kuti are 5 generations of music composers and instrumentalists who have left marks on the sands of time.  

The greatest office in the life of a man is the office of a Father. May God give us the abilities, spirit and resources to run that office excellently and most importantly leave behind a legacy worthy of emulation.  
We are fathers- A son’s first hero, A daughter’s first love.

ONCE AGAIN HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO US ALL


If you are one or already an expectant father (lol), wish me same please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment